Skip to main content

The BookBlog NEWBIE Tag | BookTag


I have been blogging since July this year, so it is fair to still call me a Newbie of sorts. Hence    THE BOOKBLOG NEWBIE TAG.

Why did you start this blog?
The credit goes to my husband . I have always relied on  journal / diary entries to  put my countless thoughts on paper. One day he happened to come across one of such entries where I was gushing about a book that I recently read. He suggested putting it on the internet . At first , I was a bit hesitant due to various reasons- fear of being judged , trolled and all sorts of negativity . However  he  relentlessly tried  to convince me saying that it would be a great creative outlet for me. So after months and months of hassling , I posted my first blog post in July this year.

What are some fun and unique things you can bring to book blogging?
I am at the learning stage where I discover  new stuff about this blog business practically every day. I shall  come up with something fun and unique pretty soon. One of the things that  I plan on doing is Documenting my experience reading a certain book ( preferably the  harry potter series) on a daily basis.

What are you most excited for about this new blog?
Starting any new thing in life excites me . I am currently enjoying sharing my posts . I get excited when I check out the audience sources / crowd and find out that people from all over the world are probably checking out my blog.

Why do you love reading?
Reading gives me an escape of sorts from all the boring and mundane day to day activities . But that doesn’t in any way means I don’t love my life. I love my Life – reading adds a little more joy to it.😊

What book/ series got you into reading?

The Harry Potter series.

What questions would you ask your favourite authors?

May be their writing process / routine.

What challenges do you think starting a blog will be the hardest to overcome ?
To post regular content in the blog is going to be hard. Consistency is the key is what I have learnt from fellow bloggers on the internet.

When did you start reading?
I started reading ( for fun) quite recently. Earlier my reading was confined to Academics.

Where do you read?
I  prefer reading on my bed before going to sleep. I also find it therapeutic to read at my local library. My library has stacks filled with Classics. So whenever I am in the mood for some Classics, I read there.

What kind of books do you like to read?
I read mostly Fiction. Of which  Fantasy is my favourite . I occasionally love reading Thriller, Mythological  and Historical fiction. Romance and Erotic fiction are my least favourite genre.
HAPPY READING !! 😊




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon | BOOK REVIEW

TITLE: The Angel’s Game (Book 2 Of   Cemetery of Forgotten Books series) AUTHOR: Carlos Ruiz Zafon ( Spanish) TRANSLATOR : Lucia Graves PUBLICATION YEAR: 2008 GENRE: Literary Fiction (Mystery, Thriller) PAGE COUNT: 504 FORMAT: Paperback AVAILABLE   AT : amazon   The Shadow of the Wind ( see review here )  by Carlos Ruiz Zafon featured in my favourite books list of last year. I remember buying the next book in the series The Angel’s Game almost immediately after finishing it. I was so impressed by the writing and plot that I had to read all the books from this author- translator duo. Considering this being a part of series called Cemetery of Forgotten Books , I was under the impression that this book was either a prequel or sequel to The Shadow of the Wind . But after reading a few chapters , I realised that although the story was set in Barcelona and features the infamous Cemetery of Forgotten Books (which was also a

CHENNAI BOOK FAIR 2019 | The Books I Bought

In my New Year Resolution tag ( see here ) , I kinda promised myself to finish my TBR pile before going on my next book shopping spree. As expected I managed to break my resolution even before 2 weeks of setting it. The reason – CHENNAI BOOK FAIR 2019 . I went to the book fair yesterday and bought a couple of books.   I know...   I have absolutely no SELF CONTROL whatsoever. But in my defence, these books were available at really cheap prices . Also , might I add this book fair was the best I have ever been to.   I ended up straining my leg muscles due to all the walking around and checking out each and every stall . By the time I reached my house , I had severe headaches and leg pains – but all of this was totally WORTH IT...!! 😊 Following are the books I bought – 1.        The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga – I heard about this book back when I was preparing for my competitive exams . I was memorising the current affairs and that is when I learnt that this book had won

RADIO SILENCE by Alice Oseman | Book Review

TITLE: Radio Silence AUTHOR: Alice Oseman PUBLICATION YEAR: 2016 GENRE: Young Adult Contemporary + LGBT Fiction PAGE COUNT: 403 FORMAT: Paperback AVAILABLE   AT : amazon   I came to know about this book through booktube . There was a booktuber who in one of her   videos started crying while talking about it. I was really taken aback by that. It was really heartening to see how a certain book can bring out such overwhelming emotions . I checked out   a few more reviews- all of which were positive   before buying this one. It was unanimously rated as a 5 star book . Obviously my expectations going into this book were super high. The story is about a girl named Frances who is extremely studious . She calls herself a study machine. Other than academics, the only thing she is obsessed with is a YouTube show UNIVERSE CITY /RADIO SILENCE . Her happiness knew no bounds   when one day, the mystery creator   impressed by her fan art   asked her to create some ar